09 June 2012

My Lover, My God

by "Laura"
28 May 2012
Infusion


As they kissed
For the last time
His lips echoed in her ears
Like a chime
An overdose of heroin and meth
Led to his tragic, untimely death
She was broken beyond repair
His last words: 'Take care'
And locked in her mind they stood
Where even death could do no good
And hidden there
In that sad place
Was the voice of God 
Calling her His
And as a tear
Rolled down her face
He offered her His saving grace
He did not judge her
By her face
By her friends
Or what He'd hear
He did not laugh
At what she'd wear
How she looked
Or fixed her hair
He looked deep inside of her
And found Himself that lived in her
She fell in love
Almost instantly
And since then
Loved eternally
He ignited my spark
So I let Him light me
I gave Him my life
And He revived me
Thank you,
My Lover,
My God




One of the students from MCC read this at Infusion.  Powerful stuff, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment