04 June 2012

Chris Deemer Still Gets All the Fun

24 May 2012
Infusion


In the summer of 1982, I was introduced to the ministry of Campus Ambassadors when I came across a young man who worked with students at SUNY Oneonta. I remember thinking "what a great job!" If I wasn't a youth pastor, I thought, Chris Deemer's would be just as a good.


Many years later, I met a young man who was an intern with Chris Deemer in Oneonta. I asked Tim Stewart if he would consider coming to Buffalo.  In due time, he did come to Buffalo to begin a new chapter of CA, with a lovely young lady on his arm - a one Karen Deemer.


So, now that I have joined CA, I come to Infusion and I see Chris, Tim and Karen, and their two boys - Joshua and Mitchell. I confess. I am jealous. Chris still gets to have all the fun. He gets to spend time with college students and his grandchildren. Talk about the best of both worlds.


Children's children are a crown to the aged...
Proverbs 17.6



No comments:

Post a Comment