26 November 2020

I Am Thankful - Campus Ambassador Version 2020

I am thankful.

2020 has been a year of irony – it certainly has not brought us clarity of vision – for anything.  
We talk about 20/20 hindsight where many things become clearer as we look back at them. This year, though is unprecedented. There hasn’t been anything like it. 

But, I am thankful.

I didn’t take this whole covid 19 virus thing too seriously at the beginning of this year. I thought it would be like so many viruses and flus from before. It would just come and go.  But this one did not.

And, as far as our Campus Ambassadors ministry, this outbreak messed up our plans for Spring Break, Infusion, Fall Retreat, and made UB a very quiet place.

Yet, I am thankful.

I am thankful for each person in our ministry. I am thankful for my co-workers – Sally Henien and Tim Stewart – they are passionate for students and generous with time and resources. I am thankful for Megan Fulmer – who has volunteered to help this last year and a half – she has filled in so many gaps for us – she’s a star. I am thankful for each student that has allowed us into your lives – we count it a privilege. It humbles us.

I’ve got a lot to be thankful for this year.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment