31 October 2012

With Xavy

30 October 2012

I have other things to do right now. Instead, I am sitting next to the bathtub watching Xavy play in the water. And it is a joy.

I must admit, I am perplexed by his presence. Xavy is one of my stresses that has happened over the last three years:
  • Leaving a church family I loved;
  • Taking on a new ministry opportunity that matched my passion;
  • Raising support to make a living;
  • Watch my daughter struggle with an unplanned pregnancy (or was it me that struggled?);
  • Seeing the youngest off to college, only to struggle with his health;
  • Advising daughter #2 as she sues for full custody;
  • Selling my parents house;
  • Moving my parents to their new apartment;
  • Dad dying unexpectedly;
  • Daughter #1 getting married;
  • Mom living with us.
And I wonder, is this how it is supposed to be?

Xavy is the most verbal boy I have ever observed. Today, he told me when I moved the chair so he could step onto it, "Excellent!" While playing in the bath, he asked the shark, "Comprendo?"

I'm not sure I "comprendo" all that God is doing in my life. But when it comes to Xavy, this one excellent truth always holds true: "Children are a blessing from the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment