09 April 2011

Thank You...I Think...

I thought I would be a pastor of a church all my life. I just did not see any other options. This was my call - pure and simple.

So I admit it. I was a bit surprised when God began to guide this 50-something body toward the college campus back in 2009. I was not sure it would be a "fit" for me. Wasn't this the kind of ministry that was relegated to the young?

But it did turn out that there was plenty of room for those of us that are "young at heart" as well as those dedicated to preparing the next generation to lead the church.

It was reinforced by one of the college students at UB when I made the comment, "I'm just a guy who is old, fat, bald and ugly."

She quickly responded, "You're not old!"

Thank you...I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment