02 March 2011

Dollars. Deficiency. Discouraged.

"Are you discouraged about finances?"

Hardly. Yeah, I mean that.

"But, after one year, you are still short of the 50% mark. Sounds to me that God is not blessing, doesn't it?"

It is a legitimate question, and though I have had seasons of doubt, I look at our situation and I am in awe of the God who supplies. Consider this...

Some might think we are okay because of Dondra's job. The reality is that Joel is okay because of Dondra's job. The vast majority of her paycheck goes to a city block in the Mount Vernon district of Baltimore so that Joel can keep spitting into his mouthpiece.

So, we basically live on what I am able to bring in financially. And, here is my testimony:

The bills are paid.

We are eating well.

The cars are running.

And though we are running "lean and mean," we are happy.

These have been days of faith. For thirty years, I have been used to the "weekly" paycheck from the church where we served. It has always been there.

Raising support is a different animal. It is uncertain. It is hard at times. It is humbling.

Yet, I am grateful - so grateful - for those who have come alongside financially. It brings tears to my eyes. I am reminded of the apostle Paul when he said...

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4.19, NIV).

Enough. Enriched. Encouraged.

That would have been a better title.

1 comment:

  1. but you're honest about it . . . and thankful. You're way ahead of the pack! God bless you, Paul and Dondra. Waiting isn't FUN but who said it would be? God is your resource, and He is working. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete