08 August 2014

Legacy - James Albert Decker (21)

Mr. Decker,

I wanted to write and thank you, 10 years later, for all that you taught our class at LCS!

This has been a year of testing for me. I am now a single mother. I have never grieved more than I have over this. But through the suffering I learned in a real way who my Jesus is. I leaned on Him, I leaned on the knowledge of his attributes, and His names. No matter how dark my day, always in my heart was the great truth that He IS the I AM – unchanging, eternal, holy…My rock.

I am preparing now to help teach a small portion of a ladies’ Bible study that starts this fall; I get to teach the names of Christ. Already the materials from the class you taught me are helping me prepare for that. My tattered copy of “The Knowledge of the Holy” is getting some mileage again! So thank you – thank you for teaching something practical, useable, and eternal. It has changed my life.

My daughter is in the living room singing “I’ll fly away, oh glory, I’ll fly away…” Oh, how the Lord has given us beauty for ashes this year!

Thank you again for everything. You’ll always be a part of our lives because you taught us to know our God!

In Christ,


Note: I have left the name off because of the personal nature. I think it was written around 2005, but I am making a guess from an unclear postmark.

Dad was especially encouraged by this note and showed it to everyone that was close to him. It was not a matter of pride for him. Rather, it was a clear demonstration that the seeds he had planted had produced fruit. He was like anyone else in Christian service. It is good to know that you have made a difference in your service to the Lord.

Perhaps, you need to express thanks to someone in your past today that made a difference in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment