21 June 2013

Legacy - James Albert Decker (15)

21 June 2013

This is the third verse of one my dad's favorite hymns: "Victory in Jesus." So today I dedicate this to my dad who received renewed vocal chords exactly one year ago. See you soon Pops!

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory,
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I’ll sing up there
The song of victory.

O victory in Jesus, my Savior, forever!
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him –
He plunged me to victory
Beneath the cleansing flood.


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade — kept in heaven for you...
I Peter 1.3-4 (NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment