31 May 2013

My Testimony (Infusion 2013)

INFUSION
31 May 2013


At INFUSION, one of the students from Campus Ambassadors in SUNY Brockport gave her testimony with a poem. It was a fun and creative way to announce her determination to follow Jesus! Way to go Brittney Willis!


My Testimony

I was born in a home split in two
My mother a Christian and my father no clue.

In Christ my mother did raise me
Yet to my father it was all crazy.
So in order to seem sane I strayed away
In the devil’s grasp I did lay.

I rejected the Lord for a long time
As if being Christian was a crime.
And with depression in my mist
I started to wish I didn’t exist.

Until a friend revealed to me
The fool that I did not have to be.
I came to know the love of the Lord
How my sins were washed away through his accord.

I pronounced Jesus as my savior
Forever changing my beliefs and behavior.
Since I wanted to know him more
I became a Campus Ambassador.

No longer will the devil have me enslaved,
For I can now say that I am saved.
Jesus died for us upon the cross,
So now I’ll get baptized like a boss!


Brittney Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment