19 July 2012

Legacy: James Albert Decker (5)

Remembrances by James J. Decker
24 June 2012


The Legacy of Family

To me, they have always been Papa and Nana.

Papa left a legacy of love for his family:

For JJ:  my choices in life; committed to Jesus through Jr. high, Sr. high and college; when married Natalie, he felt it was such a good choice that I was now in competition with her for his affection.

For Natalie: her beauty, inside and out; her love and commitment to me.

For Grace: great teacher, same as Papa; taught SS, VBS, became school teacher.

For Joe (fiancĂ©) – just getting to know Joe, but Papa loved the fact that Joe’s love for Grace was always evident; I am speculating, but I think he saw a bit of himself in Joe.

For Elizabeth: loved to see her on stage, dance, sing, in church as well; most recently proud of how she has cared for Eric Xavier.

For Joel: so proud of Joel; anytime he had played his instrument or had concert, when I called, only talk was about Joel - auditions, first chair, concerts, scholarships, etc.

For Mom: if not more than Dad; perfect; committed to family and a godly home; energy.

For Dad: his only son; natural leader, through HS, college and career; passion for ministry infectious; commitment to a godly and athletic home; couldn’t be more proud.

For Marilyn: Desribe the most memorable valentine you ever received.  Who sent it to you?  “The greatest valentine I ever received was from God – in the gift of Marilyn, herself.  In February of 1957”

No comments:

Post a Comment