20 January 2012

Resolved some more...

One of the themes that I pounded over and over again during my last few years as a pastor at Randall was being deliberate about how you live as a Christian.  I really have not lost my passion for this principle, so with that in mind, I want to offer a few more specifics for 2012:

1) Read Scripture everyday and intercede for my prayer team on a regular basis.

2) Memorize the following songs:

Come Thou Fount
To God Be the Glory
In Christ Alone
Be Thou My Vision'
Blessed Be Thy Name
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

3) Read the following books:

Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy (Metaxas)
Finding God in the Shack: Seeking Truth in a Story of Evil and Redemption (Olson)
There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind (Flew)
Philosophical Foundations for a Christian Worldview (Moreland & Craig)
Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength (Lewis)
Patrick Henry (Tyler)
Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions (Koukl)
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Live (Voskamp)
Nicholas Nickleby (Dickens)
Paradise Lost (Milton)
I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus (Evert)

4) Make a running list of things for which I am thankful to God.

5) Make use of every opportunity that is afforded to me to speak to others about Jesus.

Will you join me in such deliberateness?

No comments:

Post a Comment