13 May 2010

A Wild Ride (Conclusion)

This all seems like ancient history now, but it was a valuable lesson for an old guy like me. It certainly is a lesson I have learned before, but to be sure, I needed to learn it again. It is as simple as the old adage, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

If there is anyplace one needs to get that right, it is on a college campus. People are dressed every which way. They act in every way. They are experimenting with life - some experiments are dangerous, some are not.

But beneath each situation is a real person with real needs.

I discovered this once again with my travel companion. He had a job he enjoyed. He had a girlfriend he was nuts over. And deep down, he was in a search for truth.

I hope that in his encounter with me, he got closer to finding it. And I hope that God will grant me an opportunity in the future to meet up with him again. We possess the potential to be real friends, and I must admit, I hope God grants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment