25 February 2010

A Wild RIde (1)

Have you ever looked at someone from across the room and size them up to be a certain sort of a person? Like, you see a large woman eating a donut and you categorize her as a person with self-control issues. Or, you see an older man with yellow-stained fingers sucking on a cigarette, and you categorize him as addicted. You may be right. You may be wrong. But you make a judgment nonetheless.

Last Tuesday, I had that experience at the Cleveland airport as I looked across the room when I saw a young man, dressed in black, a pentagram on the back of his coat, and a skull tattoo on his arm. Must be a Satanist I though. Pity the poor person who will have to sit next to him. That will be a wild ride.

Guess who got to sit next to him? Yeah, it was me. And it was a wild ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment